STRESS REDUCTION THROUGH MASSAGE IN WESTBOROUGH
Life is a journey with many ups and downs that cause pressure to build up in the mind and body. Stress caused by pressure can be managed with massage, which helps to alleviate the pain caused by muscle tension. The pacifying touch also promotes a feeling of well-being and calmness. One can easily get massage therapy in Westborough and lead a life with well managed stress.
HOW MASSAGE CURES STRESS
When the body is being massaged, the soft tissues, skin, tendons, and muscles are manipulated which allows the body to stimulate the relaxation response that provides stress relief.
- Massage activates the sensory receptors and increases circulation which releases muscle tension.
- Massage initiates the body to release endorphins, a natural painkiller that helps to reduce the effects of stress.
- Massage stimulates the release of the hormones serotonin and dopamine which induce relaxation and decreases the stress hormone, cortisol.
- Massage also helps in improving your mood and calming the mind.
Research institutes have also added that massage therapy can relieve depression and anxiety, which mostly occur due to chronic stress.
TYPES OF MASSAGES IN WESTBOROUGH
THE SWEDISH MASSAGE
This is one of the most common types of massage, frequently used in gyms and spas and is an excellent way of relieving stress. It’s performed by a massage therapist who applies oil or lotion to the skin or on their hands before beginning to massage. The massage strokes are long and done in a sweeping motion integrated with kneading strokes. To additionally reduce the strain and stress in muscles, the therapist may also shake, tap or move several muscle areas and joints.
HOT SALT STONE MASSAGE
This is a massage technique that involves the use of heated salt stones and massage oils that are placed on tense areas of the body in order to decrease muscle stiffness and tension and induce stress relief. Listed below are some of the benefits of heated salt stone massage.
· Relieves stress, reduces pain and calms the body.
· Relaxes the body’s tissues.
· Improves blood circulation.
· Improves the body’s energy flow.
The salt stones are warm up in their own heater and then held by the hands, and rubbed onto the body using the Swedish massage movement.
DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE
In this massage technique, strokes are done in patterns paired with deep finger pressure where the muscles are tight. This technique relieves the pain and stress felt in tight knotted muscles located deep below the skin surface.
These three types of massages can change your life. It is advisable for one to get massage therapy since massage in Westborough is locally available.